Monday, June 20, 2016

My time for departure nears

As I write this, almost all my requirements for legal immigration to the United States have been met, I need my immigrant visa and TOEFL lessons to finish.

To all those living in the Republic of the Philippines, my home for the past 22 years, it is almost time for me to say goodbye. For good.

For when all my paperwork is done at the right time, I am ready enough to immigrate hopefully to the United States of America - this being a plan I'd have had for 5 years now. I am leaving behind a country that has brought me into the world, nursed me and raised me into the man I am now. I am leaving behind my family, friends and relatives. I am leaving behind 22 years of my life and the best and worst moments I had. I'll faithfully remember these years with deep respect.

Should I'll be leaving soon for the United States of America to finish my high school and start college again and to work hard for my family back in the Philippines, given that it's my personal choice, this is one decision that will remain with me to the rest of my days. And I will never regret it.

To my countrymen, thank you all for making me one of your own. My time here is almost done. I am moving away soon and will depart this country, my land of birth, for a better life in the United States of America. My thanks for making me the man I am now.

This will be surely a sad goodbye, Philippines. I will never ever see this nation again soon, for I am surely safe in far away lands, but will always think about these 22 years of my life here in this country with deep respect and gratitude.

John

(formerly posted on DeviantArt)

No comments:

Post a Comment